Exacting quality, excellent value, fast turnaround and personal service.
I have bought a number of clubs from Alex, and also had my sets regripped and reshafted by him. He gives very good advice, is well trained and always meticulous in what he does. I have recommended him to several friends who have also had first class experience in dealing with Alex.
Alex Robertson takes great pride in his club repair and club adjustment services. Alex is here for all your golfing repair needs. Alex offers quick turnaround repairs and adjustments, to the highest standards, all at very competitive prices. You can either drop your clubs off and we’ll call you when the job’s done, or feel free to come chat to Alex for personalised advice. He uses top quality workshop equipment. Alex is meticulous when it comes to doing the job properly. Lofts and lies are adjusted to a tolerance of +/- 0.2 deg. Swingweights are adjusted to +/- 0.5 – that is 1.5 grams!
- Grips are made of materials that age and wear as a function of time. Ozone, heat, dirt, and oils from your hands all age your grips and cause the natural degradation of the grip.
- The traction that a fresh grip provides lets you hold the club lightly without the subconscious fear of losing the club during your swing. This relaxed state promotes proper swing mechanics and wrist action.
- A worn grip causes you to grasp the club tighter, causing arm and wrist tension that inhibits proper swing mechanics.
How often to re-grip?
As a rule of thumb, you should re-grip once every year to give you the best possible control of the club.. Regardless of whether you play golf every day or only twice a year, ozone, heat, dirt, and oils are constantly at work breaking down the materials that make up your grips. New grips give you the best possible control of the club. This will promote a more relaxed grip pressure giving players a free, natural release of the club and ultimately more consistency of shot. Frequent play and personal preference may dictate re-gripping sooner, but normally there’s enough degradation of the material after a year to warrant fresh grips.
New grips, new shafts, extensions and cut downs. We can provide standard size, mid-size & over-sized grips. Oversized grips can help golfers with arthritis. Alex provides Wishon, Golf Pride and all the major brands. If your grips of choice are in stock, Alex offers 24 hour turn around times, or 48 business hour turn around times if we’re out of stock. All makes and models of grips can be ordered; if you see a grip that you like and would like a quote, please call Alex 07500 818141 contact Alex by clicking here.
Loft and Lie Check
A golf club’s loft and lie angles can move over time – when was the last time you checked yours? Loft – Any change in loft can lead to two clubs, for example a six iron and a seven iron travelling the same distance! This can leave a massive distance gap in your golf bag Lie Angle – This can have a significant effect on shot direction especially on shorter irons. Mechanical testing using a 6 iron has shown that if the lie angle is wrong by 2 degrees, the shot will finish 20 feet off target. Having the ability to hold each club in your bag at a consistent athletic address position is fundamental to consistent golf. Alex can check what lie angles is best for you by testing dynamically as you hit actual shots rather than a lie board. This is much more accurate than using a lie board.
With the assistance of his launch monitor Alex can help better fit your existing clubs. This can include
- Checking you are using the most suitable shafts. Demo shafts are available to try.
- Checking you are using the most suitable lengths
- Checking you are using the most suitable swingweights
- Checking you are using the most suitable overall weights
- Optimum Lofts. We check your lofts for the maximum carry distance (and roll out if appropriate) using the launch monitor and bend all clubs to suit.
- Gap Testing – How far do you carry the ball with each club? This can seriously improve your handicap.
- Full Set Equipment MOT – An invaluable service for all golfers, we check your equipment matches your swing.
Launch monitor £20 for 30 mins £40 per hour
Measurement/Club set check and MOT – £15
Lengthen club – £5
Shorten club – £3
Re-shaft wood – £12 ( Not including cost of shaft)
Re-shaft iron – £10 (Not including cost of shaft)
Adjust loft and lie – £2
Modify swingweight – £5
Save grip for re-use – £1.50
Re-grip using customers’s own grip – £2
I’d love to hear from you!
Alex Robertson Custom Fit
5 Lydox Mill Cottages, Dairsie, Fife KY15 4RN Scotland
Phone 01334 871344 Mobile 07500 818141
St Andrews Golf Solutions, 5 Lydox Mill Cottages, Cupar KY15 4RN
Design and Copyright 2017 – Smartsite Solutions